kp govt for school girls

No High School For Girls in Lower Kohistan, KP Assembly Told

1 min read

PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was on 8 August told that there was no high school for girls in Lower Kohistan where 28 female students had reached high level in the entire district.

In response to a question moved by MPA Sajjadullah from PK-32 Lower Kohistan, the Primary and Elementary Education Department informed that there should be at least 25 students for upgrading a middle school to a high level and there are about 28 female students in the entire district who had reached high school level.

The department said that the previous Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) -led government had approved the construction and upgrading of high schools for the Kohistan district and the present government would upgrade many middle school to high-level in the current Annual Development Programme (ADP).

As Minister for Primary and Elementary Schools, Faisal Tarakai was not present in the House, therefore the questions related to his department were deferred to the next day.

In response to another question by the opposition MPA Sajjadullah from Lower Kohistan, the assembly was informed that there were a total of 215 schools for girls and boys in the PK-32 constituency where there were two Maktab schools, 175 primary schools, 23 middle schools, 12 high schools for boys and three higher secondary schools while about 17537 students were enrolled in these schools.

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf MPA from South Waziristan Asif Khan in his call attention notice said that the victims of landmines in his constituency in South Waziristan had not been provided compensation amount and other relief while the affected and displaced people from their hometowns in the district during 2007 had also not received compensation from the government.

He demanded the formation of a special committee and the Anti-Terrorism Cell (ATC) and suggested that the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) should resolve the pending cases as soon as possible.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Aftab Alam Advocate told the House that about 400,000 families in South, North Waziristan, Kurram and Orakzai districts had been affected due to military operations.

He said the Relief Department handled these issues.

On the insistence of the mover, the call attention notice was referred to the standing committee of the House for further discussion and investigation.

The assembly also passed a resolution, recommending either an increase in the salaries of police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa or the salaries and incentives of police in KP should be brought on par with salaries and incentives in vogue in the Punjab and federal capital.

Published in News Daily on 09-August-2024.

girls outshine boys
Previous Story

Girls Outsmart Boys As KP Boards Declare Results Of SCC Exam

man throws unwanted child into canal
Next Story

Man Throws Unwanted Daughter Into Canal

Latest from Blog

Population Growth Can Become ‘Social Bomb’

• Ahsan Iqbal proposes incentives under NFC for provinces managing population growth • Projections say population can reach 389.9 million by 2050 even under a slow-decline scenario ISLAMABAD: Planning and Development Minister Ahsan Iqbal on May 12 warned that unchecked population growth could become a “social bomb” and a major…

Hepatitis C Elimination Programme Launched To Screen, Treat Millions Nationwide

ISLAMABAD: Health authorities on Wednesday formally launched the Prime Minister’s National Programme for the Elimination of Hepatitis C from the Islamabad Capital Territory, aiming to screen 1.6 million people in the federal capital within six months and eventually test more than 164 million people across the country in phases as…

Gender Progress

On May 11, the Federal Constitutional Court ruled that that custody of a child cannot be granted to the grandmother or paternal aunt solely on the basis of the mother’s second marriage. The ruling came in connection with a case regarding the custody of a nine-year-old child. Custody had initially…

KP Health Dept Seeks More Funds For Free Cochlear Implants of 1,000 Children

PESHAWAR: Health department has sought more funds from government to provide cochlear implants to about 1,000 deaf and dumb children under Sehat Card Plus scheme. Officials at Health Secretariat told Dawn that government was providing Rs4 billion every month for free treatment of patients under Sehat Card Plus scheme that was given…
Go toTop