Six-year-old Girl Criminally Assaulted

1 min read

DADU: A six-year-old girl was reportedly subjected to sexual assault by two suspects and then dumped into a pit in unconscious condition in Markhpur locality here on 17th June.

Police sources said the victim, daughter of a labourer, was reportedly lured away by the suspects to the pit in a desolate area where they subjected her to assault and fled, leaving the child badly injured and unconscious.

The victim’s relatives, who were out searching her after she did not return home, found her and rushed her to B-Section police station, from where she was immediately shifted to district headquarters (DHQ) hospital Dadu for medical examination.

DHQ hospital’s medical superintendent, Dr Amjad Mastoi, said the victim’s condition was serious and doctors were trying to stabilise her. Preliminary probe suggested occurrence of sexual abuse but a detailed report would confirm it beyond doubt, he said.

SHO Benazir Jamali visited the victim’s home and offered her family complete support. Following a formal complaint filed by the victim’s maternal uncle, a case was registered at the B-Section police station against the main suspect and his accomplice, and police managed to arrest the main suspect after raiding their residences, she said.

She said that raids would continue to nab the second suspect. The FIR had been lodged under charges of child sexual assault and attempted murder, she said.

Dadu SSP Caption (retired) Amir Saud Magsi said that justice would be served to the victim’s family, which appealed to SSP, IGP, and other authorities to ensure arrest and exemplary punishment to all the suspects.

Published in Dawn, June 18th, 2025

Previous Story

Early Marriages Rob Youngsters Of Childhood, Future: SHRC

Next Story

Campaign Calls For Under 18 Marriage Ban

Latest from Blog

SHC

Filmmaker moves SHC against curb on screening of Ghost School

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court has issued notices to the secretary of culture department and the Sindh Board of Film Censors on a petition filed against blocking the screening of a film titled Ghost School in the province. A two-judge constitutional bench of the SHC comprising Justice Adnan-ul-Karim Memon and Justice Muhammad Jaffer Raza…

Upper Dir Proposes Week-long Closure of 18 Girls’ Schools

LOWER DIR: The district education officer on August 15 recommended the temporary closure for one week of 18 girls’ schools in the border areas of Upper Dir amid the prevailing security situation along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. According to an official letter issued by the district education officer, Upper Dir, to…

KP Government Launches Initiative to Identify Out-of-school Children

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 15 launched a data-driven initiative to identify out-of-school children across the province and to bring them back into the education system. A memorandum of understanding in this respect was signed by the elementary and secondary education, local government, elections and rural development, health and…

Minister Unveils Rs300 Million Education Package for Attock

TAXILA: Punjab Education Minister Rana Sikandar Hayat has announced a major package of educational initiatives for Attock, including the upgradation of information technology (IT) laboratories in 110 schools at cost of Rs300 million, two new university campuses, five Pink buses for girls’ colleges and an international study tour to Turkiye…

KP Govt Launches Initiative to Provide Artificial Intelligence Education

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 14 formally launched Global Virtual School (GVS), the first such initiative in the public sector by any government in the country, to provide virtual artificial intelligence education, linking up hundreds of schools across the length and breadth of the province. “The GVS will…
Go toTop