Two Men Confess To Boy’s Rape, Murder in Karachi

1 min read

KARACHI: Two men confessed before magistrates on September 26 to raping a seven-year-old boy and murdering him by strangling him with a shoelace and striking him in the head with a brick.

The investigating officer (IO) produced both suspects before the judicial magistrate (East) and moved an application seeking to record their confessional statements.

As per Police Rules, Section 25.29, “When more than one person confesses or turns approver in a case, their confessions shall, if possible, be recorded by different magistrates and they shall not be allowed to meet one another till their evidence has been recorded in court.”

Before recording their statements, both magistrates gave the suspects sufficient time and asked them questions regarding their willingness to confess. The suspects made it clear to the court that they were giving their statements voluntarily.

After recording their confessional statements, the court concerned sent them to prison on judicial remand and directed the IO to submit the challan within the stipulated period.

The counsel for the complainant, Jahangir Kalhoro, told Dawn that both the suspects had confessed to their guilt, stating that on the day of the incident — Sept 18 — at around 7pm, they saw the boy returning from a relative’s house and then they invited him to visit their cattle farm, where both suspects used to work together.

After spending 15 to 20 minutes in the farm, both suspects sexually assaulted the boy in a room at the farm. They then attempted to strangle him with shoelaces before hitting him on the head with a brick and later attacking him with a heavy object, which led to his death, the counsel said.

They arranged a gunny bag and put the minor boy’s body into it, which was later recovered from an empty plot.

Responding to a question about the motive, Advocate Kalhoro said the suspects murdered the boy “brutally” after committing the offence “out of lust” as they wanted to conceal their crime.

He added that the suspects also had “personal enmity” with the complainant’s family, as they had earlier sought a marriage proposal from a relative of the deceased. After the complainant’s family refused, they developed grudges against them.

He further stated that the discovery of the body was communicated through a relative of one of the suspects, who personally contacted the ambulance driver on his phone, claiming that the ambulance service (Chippa) had no official record of such a call.

Responding to a query about whether more people could be implicated in the case, the counsel said that the investigation was ongoing, while the victim’s family believed others were also involved, including the wife of one suspect and his son-in-law, who had allegedly called the ambulance driver on his personal number.

Published in Dawn, September 27th, 2025

Previous Story

Faisalabad Police Recover Abducted Newborn

Next Story

Ministry Accelerates Work on Missing Educational Facilities

Latest from Blog

Sindh Assembly Passes Bill for Legal Cover to Household Workers

KARACHI: In a move to protect some of the province’s most overlooked workers, the Sindh Assembly on May 11 passed the Domestic Workers Welfare Bill 2025, bringing formal safeguards to the employment and working conditions of household workers across the province. According to the bill, which requires gubernatorial assent to…

Six Booked for Throwing Child into Manhole in Toba Tek Singh

TOBA TEK SINGH: The incident of a four-year-old girl falling into a manhole and drowning seven days ago in the Tayyaba Town of Tandlianwala has taken a new turn after the Tandlianwala City Police booked six persons for killing her on May 17. Complainant Laraib Qasim claimed in her FIR…

Four Booked in Swat for Abducting, Assaulting Girl

SWAT: The police on may 16 registered a case against four persons for allegedly abducting and assaulting a 17-year-old girl for 16 days in the Khwazakhela area of Upper Swat. According to an FIR, the victim told police that her mother was under treatment at Saidu Sharif Hospital. She stated…
Go toTop