Police Claim Solving Teenage Girl’s Murder Case As Ex-Fiancé Arrested

1 min read

Police on July 21 claimed to have solved the murder of 16-year-old Urmesh, whose body was found inside a flat in the Keamari area on March 4, with the arrest of her former fiancé.

According to investigating officers, the suspect, identified as Faizan, was arrested during a raid in the Jackson area. Initial investigations revealed that he was a close relative of the deceased and had previously been engaged to her. The police said the suspect allegedly developed a grudge after the victim ended their engagement and later became engaged to another man. Investigators believed the murder was motivated by this personal dispute.

According to the initial investigation, the victim lived with her mother in a residential building where the accused also resided. On the day of the incident, the girl’s mother had gone to work, leaving the 16-year-old alone at home. Taking advantage of her mother’s absence, the suspect allegedly entered the flat, assaulted the girl and later strangled her to death, investigators said.

The case was initially registered against unidentified suspects on the complaint of the victim’s mother after the girl’s body was discovered. The police further claimed that after allegedly committing the murder, Faizan attempted to deflect suspicion by joining police officers and the victim’s relatives in the search for the killer.

Published in The News, July 22nd, 2026.

Previous Story

SC Upholds Death Sentence For Karachi Girl’s Rapist-Murderer

Next Story

Strategy To Bring Out-Of-School Children Into Education Fold

Latest from Blog

SHC

Filmmaker moves SHC against curb on screening of Ghost School

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court has issued notices to the secretary of culture department and the Sindh Board of Film Censors on a petition filed against blocking the screening of a film titled Ghost School in the province. A two-judge constitutional bench of the SHC comprising Justice Adnan-ul-Karim Memon and Justice Muhammad Jaffer Raza…

Upper Dir Proposes Week-long Closure of 18 Girls’ Schools

LOWER DIR: The district education officer on August 15 recommended the temporary closure for one week of 18 girls’ schools in the border areas of Upper Dir amid the prevailing security situation along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. According to an official letter issued by the district education officer, Upper Dir, to…

KP Government Launches Initiative to Identify Out-of-school Children

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 15 launched a data-driven initiative to identify out-of-school children across the province and to bring them back into the education system. A memorandum of understanding in this respect was signed by the elementary and secondary education, local government, elections and rural development, health and…

Minister Unveils Rs300 Million Education Package for Attock

TAXILA: Punjab Education Minister Rana Sikandar Hayat has announced a major package of educational initiatives for Attock, including the upgradation of information technology (IT) laboratories in 110 schools at cost of Rs300 million, two new university campuses, five Pink buses for girls’ colleges and an international study tour to Turkiye…

KP Govt Launches Initiative to Provide Artificial Intelligence Education

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 14 formally launched Global Virtual School (GVS), the first such initiative in the public sector by any government in the country, to provide virtual artificial intelligence education, linking up hundreds of schools across the length and breadth of the province. “The GVS will…
Go toTop