construction of 3100 houses

Nadra Services Restored in Islamabad

1 min read

ISLAMABAD: Following intervention by Chief Commissioner Islamabad Muhammad Ali Randhawa, services at Nadra’s death and birth registration centre have been restored.

Taking notice of a report by Dawn, the Chief Commissioner on 25 July expressed his dissatisfaction to the relevant officials, stating that the suspension of this essential service for the last three days was unacceptable.

Nadra on 19 July suspended services to Metropolitan Corporation Islamabad (MCI) for not paying Rs2 million in dues. Mr Randhawa inquired about the issue on Thursday morning and was told that payment had been released yesterday. He then contacted Chairman Nadra for restoration of services.

“Chief Commissioner immediately contacted Chairman NADRA. After his intervention, MCI services were immediately restored for the citizens,” said a press release.

It further stated that the Chief Commissioner also instructed the authorities to take permanent steps to pay the dues of NADRA. He directed Director DMA Dr. Sania Pasha that any shortcomings in the facilities provided to the citizens of Islamabad will not be tolerated, read the press release.

Published in Dawn, July 26th, 2024

Previous Story

Nadra’s Services Suspended In Five Azad Kashmir Districts

school children saplings
Next Story

Schoolchildren Plant 450 Saplings In Khyber

Latest from Blog

Sindh Assembly Passes Bill for Legal Cover to Household Workers

KARACHI: In a move to protect some of the province’s most overlooked workers, the Sindh Assembly on May 11 passed the Domestic Workers Welfare Bill 2025, bringing formal safeguards to the employment and working conditions of household workers across the province. According to the bill, which requires gubernatorial assent to…

Six Booked for Throwing Child into Manhole in Toba Tek Singh

TOBA TEK SINGH: The incident of a four-year-old girl falling into a manhole and drowning seven days ago in the Tayyaba Town of Tandlianwala has taken a new turn after the Tandlianwala City Police booked six persons for killing her on May 17. Complainant Laraib Qasim claimed in her FIR…

Four Booked in Swat for Abducting, Assaulting Girl

SWAT: The police on may 16 registered a case against four persons for allegedly abducting and assaulting a 17-year-old girl for 16 days in the Khwazakhela area of Upper Swat. According to an FIR, the victim told police that her mother was under treatment at Saidu Sharif Hospital. She stated…
Go toTop