Murder Attempt Case Registered As Two Girls Injured After Beaten Up By Stepfather

1 min read

In a horrifying incident of domestic abuse, a man subjected his two minor stepdaughters to torture in the Shah Nawaz Bhutto Colony area of North Karachi and fled the scene.

The girls were severely injured after they were brutally beaten up by their stepfather Shehryar, alias Sherry, who fled after committing the crime.

Police have registered a case of attempted murder against the stepfather. According to police, the case was registered at the Khawaja Ajmer Nagri police station on the complaint of Imran Shafi, the maternal uncle of the victim girls.

The incident occurred in Sector 14-A of Shah Nawaz Bhutto Colony. The complainant stated in the FIR that his eight-year-old and 16-year-old nieces were severely beaten up by their stepfather.

The girls’ maternal uncle revealed that their father Tabish Ali passed away in 2019, after which their mother Nida married Shehryar two years ago.

Shafi said that after her second marriage, Nida took her daughters with her to Shehryar’s home.

The complainant alleged that Shehryar had also previously subjected the girls to violence, but on May 22 and 23, the abuse escalated to a brutal level.

The girls were initially taken to the Sindh Government Hospital and later to the Civil Hospital Karachi, where doctors confirmed multiple injuries. According to doctors, the girls were brought in on 27-May-2025 and bore visible signs of abuse that were approximately five to six days old.

Medical samples were collected from the girls. Police said the forensic report would determine whether they were also subjected to sexual assault.

Both victims remain under medical care. The suspect is currently on the run, and police have launched efforts to arrest him.

Published in News Daily on 29-May-2025.

Previous Story

GenAI In Education: Between Promise And Precaution

Next Story

Courts Must Hear Child In Custody Cases, SC Rules

Latest from Blog

SHC

Filmmaker moves SHC against curb on screening of Ghost School

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court has issued notices to the secretary of culture department and the Sindh Board of Film Censors on a petition filed against blocking the screening of a film titled Ghost School in the province. A two-judge constitutional bench of the SHC comprising Justice Adnan-ul-Karim Memon and Justice Muhammad Jaffer Raza…

Upper Dir Proposes Week-long Closure of 18 Girls’ Schools

LOWER DIR: The district education officer on August 15 recommended the temporary closure for one week of 18 girls’ schools in the border areas of Upper Dir amid the prevailing security situation along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. According to an official letter issued by the district education officer, Upper Dir, to…

KP Government Launches Initiative to Identify Out-of-school Children

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 15 launched a data-driven initiative to identify out-of-school children across the province and to bring them back into the education system. A memorandum of understanding in this respect was signed by the elementary and secondary education, local government, elections and rural development, health and…

Minister Unveils Rs300 Million Education Package for Attock

TAXILA: Punjab Education Minister Rana Sikandar Hayat has announced a major package of educational initiatives for Attock, including the upgradation of information technology (IT) laboratories in 110 schools at cost of Rs300 million, two new university campuses, five Pink buses for girls’ colleges and an international study tour to Turkiye…

KP Govt Launches Initiative to Provide Artificial Intelligence Education

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 14 formally launched Global Virtual School (GVS), the first such initiative in the public sector by any government in the country, to provide virtual artificial intelligence education, linking up hundreds of schools across the length and breadth of the province. “The GVS will…
Go toTop