15-year-old ‘Killer’ Inspired By Crime Series Arrested in Quetta

1 min read

QUETTA: SSP Serious Crimes Unit Zohaib Mohsin announced the arrest of a 15-year-old suspect named Mushtaq Hussain, alias Mehdi, in the murder of a young boy, Arman Ali, on September 20. The boy was found brutally killed and partially burned in Hazara Town. He made the announcement in a press conference in DIG office, Quetta on September 29. SSP Operations Quetta Mohammad Baloch was also present. SSP Serious Crime Unit revealed that during the investigation, the suspect confessed to plan the crime after watching scenes from crime series on social media. He lured the boy, whom he did not know, with juice and then attacked him, claiming he acted based on what he had seen in those series.

He further said that the police station in Brewery registered a case on behalf of the victim’s father, Muhammad Naeem. A Special Investigation Team (SIT) was formed to investigate the incident, which included officers from the Serious Crimes Investigation Wing, Operations, Analysis Wing, IT, and Crime Scene. They reported that the SIT worked day and night, conducting geofencing of the crime scene and obtaining footage from nearby CCTV cameras with the assistance of FC Balochistan. Based on the footage, suspicious individuals were brought in for questioning. SSP further revealed that on September 29, 2024, the suspect, Mushtaq Hussain alias Mehdi, aged 15, son of Muhammad Arif from Hazara Town, Quetta, was included in the investigation.

During questioning, Mehdi confessed to the crime, explaining that he had been watching crime-related series on social media for a long time and had been playing mobile games. With these influences in mind, he planned the crime. He took a knife and a hammer, hid them in a school bag, and went to the crime scene, where he found a child flying a kite. After offering the child juice, he took him inside a building and, emulating scenes from the crime series, killed the child. To conceal the crime, he poured petrol on the body and set it on fire.

Evidence, including the murder weapon, was recovered. The case is ongoing, with further medical examinations pending to determine if sexual assault occurred.

Published in News Daily on 30 September 2024.

polio-drop
Previous Story

Another Polio Case Surfaces In Pishin

adolescent girls
Next Story

Call To Focus On Adolescent Girls’ Health

Latest from Blog

Sindh Assembly Passes Bill for Legal Cover to Household Workers

KARACHI: In a move to protect some of the province’s most overlooked workers, the Sindh Assembly on May 11 passed the Domestic Workers Welfare Bill 2025, bringing formal safeguards to the employment and working conditions of household workers across the province. According to the bill, which requires gubernatorial assent to…

Six Booked for Throwing Child into Manhole in Toba Tek Singh

TOBA TEK SINGH: The incident of a four-year-old girl falling into a manhole and drowning seven days ago in the Tayyaba Town of Tandlianwala has taken a new turn after the Tandlianwala City Police booked six persons for killing her on May 17. Complainant Laraib Qasim claimed in her FIR…

Four Booked in Swat for Abducting, Assaulting Girl

SWAT: The police on may 16 registered a case against four persons for allegedly abducting and assaulting a 17-year-old girl for 16 days in the Khwazakhela area of Upper Swat. According to an FIR, the victim told police that her mother was under treatment at Saidu Sharif Hospital. She stated…
Go toTop