Three-year-old Girl Kidnapped from Seaview Recovered

1 min read

The South Investigation Police have safely recovered a three-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped from Seaview beach.

The minor, identified as Warisha, had gone missing from the beach on the third day of Eid-ul-Fitr. A case regarding her kidnapping was registered at the Darakhshan police station on March 25.

Police said the child’s photographs and details were circulated on social media platforms to aid in her recovery. She was later found safe near Jackson Masan Chowk. A suspect, identified as Abubakar, has been taken into custody, and further investigations are underway.

Earlier, the case had been registered at the Darakhshan police station on kidnapping charges on the complaint of the child’s father, Waseem. The complainant, a resident of Nazimabad, stated that he had visited Seaview with his family for recreation on the third day of Eid-ul-Fitr. He said that during the outing, his three daughters were with him. Two of them ran towards the sea in the crowd, prompting him and his wife to chase after them, while Warisha was playing with the sand on the beach.

“When we returned, Warisha was not there,” he said, adding that the family searched extensively for the child but could not find her. He alleged that unknown individuals had kidnapped his daughter. He appealed for her safe recovery.

Darakhshan SHO Rashid Ali said that a large number of people had thronged Seaview during the Eid holidays, and dozens of children had gone missing over the three days but they were later reunited with their families by the police.

Published in The NEWS on March 27, 2026. 

Previous Story

Man Held for Alleged Sexual Assault on Minor Girl

Next Story

Naqvi Orders Nationwide Crackdown on Drug Networks Targeting Students

Latest from Blog

SHC

Filmmaker moves SHC against curb on screening of Ghost School

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court has issued notices to the secretary of culture department and the Sindh Board of Film Censors on a petition filed against blocking the screening of a film titled Ghost School in the province. A two-judge constitutional bench of the SHC comprising Justice Adnan-ul-Karim Memon and Justice Muhammad Jaffer Raza…

Upper Dir Proposes Week-long Closure of 18 Girls’ Schools

LOWER DIR: The district education officer on August 15 recommended the temporary closure for one week of 18 girls’ schools in the border areas of Upper Dir amid the prevailing security situation along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. According to an official letter issued by the district education officer, Upper Dir, to…

KP Government Launches Initiative to Identify Out-of-school Children

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 15 launched a data-driven initiative to identify out-of-school children across the province and to bring them back into the education system. A memorandum of understanding in this respect was signed by the elementary and secondary education, local government, elections and rural development, health and…

Minister Unveils Rs300 Million Education Package for Attock

TAXILA: Punjab Education Minister Rana Sikandar Hayat has announced a major package of educational initiatives for Attock, including the upgradation of information technology (IT) laboratories in 110 schools at cost of Rs300 million, two new university campuses, five Pink buses for girls’ colleges and an international study tour to Turkiye…

KP Govt Launches Initiative to Provide Artificial Intelligence Education

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on August 14 formally launched Global Virtual School (GVS), the first such initiative in the public sector by any government in the country, to provide virtual artificial intelligence education, linking up hundreds of schools across the length and breadth of the province. “The GVS will…
Go toTop