Missing Three Year Old Found Begging

1 min read

Child’s friend saw him outside mosque, alerted his uncle

KARACHI:

A three-year-old boy missing for nearly three months was recovered after a chance encounter led to his dramatic rescue. Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the abduction, who allegedly forced the child into begging.

According to police officials, Hussain Ali, a mentally challenged child, went missing on May 4 while playing near his home in Sector 17-A of Shah Latif Town.

The boy’s father, Asif Hussain, a vegetable vendor from Multan, recounted the family’s ordeal while speaking to The Express Tribune. He explained that his son disappeared while accompanying him at their roadside stall. “We kept praying and, by the grace of God, our son has finally been found. We are grateful beyond words,” he said.

The breakthrough came when a young friend of Hussain Ali spotted him near Farooq-e-Azam Mosque. The boy had accompanied his father for prayers and recognized Hussain Ali outside the mosque with a man, later identified as a professional beggar, who was allegedly forcing the child to beg.

“I saw a suspicious man with a child who looked like my missing friend. I immediately alerted his uncle, who was inside the mosque,” the boy said.

Nasir Hussain contacted police, who recovered the child from the scene and arrested the suspect, identified as Shahryar.

According to Sadaruddin Mirani, SHO Shah Latif police station, initial questioning revealed that Shahryar’s father-in-law had allegedly found the child in the Saudabad area. Shahryar admitted to using the boy for begging, claiming he did so to arrange food for him as he was unemployed.

News published in the Express Tribune on 23rd July 2025

Previous Story

Murad Inaugurates Facility For Down Syndrome In North Nazimabad

Next Story

Monsoon Toll Rises To 234; Nearly Half Of Them Kids

Latest from Blog

Ghotki Police Register Gang Rape FIR

SUKKUR: The Ghotki police have registered a gang rape case against some influential figures of Adilpur and their several associates on May 19 after much uproar on social media over the “horrific and inhuman treatment” allegedly meted out to the victim. The 15-year-old seemingly devastated girl had narrated her ordeal…

The Polio Fight Goes On

It is enough of an ignominy that this country is one of only two, the other being Afghanistan, where polio still remains endemic. However, it is even more shameful that even those brave souls who are trying to eradicate this disease from the country are routinely the target of violent,…

Five Children Die Within a Week as Measles Outbreak Hits Sujawal Coastal Belt

THATTA: A severe measles outbreak has triggered widespread panic across the coastal belt of the Shahbunder taluka (sub-district) in Sujawal district, where five children have died within a week and more than 20 others are reportedly suffering from the highly contagious disease across various villages. According to local sources, the…

Sana Yousaf’s Killer Gets Death Sentence

ISLAMABAD: An Islamabad sessions court sentenced Umar Hayat, the main culprit in the Sana Yousaf murder case, to death on May 19 after finding him guilty of killing the teenager at her residence in June last year. Hayat was arrested a day after 17-year-old Yousaf was shot dead in her…

LHC Seeks Reply on Plea against 3-month Summer Vacations

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) on May 19 issued notices to the Punjab government and other respondents on a petition challenging the decision to close educational institutions for three months during summer vacations. Justice Khalid Ishaq heard the petition filed by the All Private Schools Federation and sought replies…
Go toTop