Back-to-Back Blasts Target Tank Schools

1 min read

DI KHAN: Unidentified assailants targeted another government school in Tank district on November 28, blowing it up with an explosive device in the jurisdiction of Ghulam Imam Police Station. The Government High School in Akbari village was destroyed after unidentified terrorists planted explosives on the premises, causing significant structural damage.

This is the second such incident reported within hours. Earlier in the morning, a girls’ primary school in Kari Umar Khan was also blown up using explosives, raising serious concerns about the security of education institutions in the region. No casualties were reported in either attack, as both buildings were unoccupied at the time.

Police teams reached both sites shortly after the blasts, cordoning off the areas and collecting forensic evidence. Officials said that investigations have been launched to identify and apprehend those involved in the coordinated acts of sabotage. Security around vulnerable schools in Tank and adjoining areas has been heightened in response to the back-to-back incidents.

News Published in Express Tribune on November 29th, 2025.

Previous Story

UN-Habitat Strengthens 150 Vulnerable Schools

Next Story

Poor Sanitation Fuels Surge in Gastro, Viral Infections Across Multan

Latest from Blog

Sindh Assembly Passes Bill for Legal Cover to Household Workers

KARACHI: In a move to protect some of the province’s most overlooked workers, the Sindh Assembly on May 11 passed the Domestic Workers Welfare Bill 2025, bringing formal safeguards to the employment and working conditions of household workers across the province. According to the bill, which requires gubernatorial assent to…

Six Booked for Throwing Child into Manhole in Toba Tek Singh

TOBA TEK SINGH: The incident of a four-year-old girl falling into a manhole and drowning seven days ago in the Tayyaba Town of Tandlianwala has taken a new turn after the Tandlianwala City Police booked six persons for killing her on May 17. Complainant Laraib Qasim claimed in her FIR…

Four Booked in Swat for Abducting, Assaulting Girl

SWAT: The police on may 16 registered a case against four persons for allegedly abducting and assaulting a 17-year-old girl for 16 days in the Khwazakhela area of Upper Swat. According to an FIR, the victim told police that her mother was under treatment at Saidu Sharif Hospital. She stated…
Go toTop