Body of Missing Child Found in Village Graveyard

1 min read

TOBA TEK SINGH: Police claimed to have found the remains of a child, who was kidnapped on April 29, from the graveyard of his village, Chak 279 JB Bajwara in Gojra tehsil on May 10.

Police said deceased Arham Zahid (12) disappeared from his home and a kidnapping case was registered against unidentified persons on April 29 by the Nawan Lahore Police. His father Zahid had claimed in his complaint that his son went out to play in the street but did not return after several hours.

Police said the body had been shifted to the Gojra THQ hospital for autopsy.

Toba DPO Akhlaqullah Tarar visited the village and assured the victim’s parents that the kidnappers-cum-murderers of the boy would be arrested at the earliest.

Published in Dawn, May 11th, 2026.

Previous Story

Govt Asked to Set Up Higher Secondary School for Girls

Next Story

Govt Decides to Extend Semester System To Private Schools

Latest from Blog

Four Booked in Swat for Abducting, Assaulting Girl

SWAT: The police on may 16 registered a case against four persons for allegedly abducting and assaulting a 17-year-old girl for 16 days in the Khwazakhela area of Upper Swat. According to an FIR, the victim told police that her mother was under treatment at Saidu Sharif Hospital. She stated…

KP CM Orders Timely Preparedness for Monsoon Season

PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister on May 15 ordered “timely and coordinated preparedness” to prevent loss of public life and property as well as infrastructure during the upcoming monsoon season. He directed all relevant departments to ensure complete operational readiness ahead of time and warned that negligence or administrative complacency…

Population Growth Can Become ‘Social Bomb’

• Ahsan Iqbal proposes incentives under NFC for provinces managing population growth • Projections say population can reach 389.9 million by 2050 even under a slow-decline scenario ISLAMABAD: Planning and Development Minister Ahsan Iqbal on May 12 warned that unchecked population growth could become a “social bomb” and a major…

Hepatitis C Elimination Programme Launched To Screen, Treat Millions Nationwide

ISLAMABAD: Health authorities on Wednesday formally launched the Prime Minister’s National Programme for the Elimination of Hepatitis C from the Islamabad Capital Territory, aiming to screen 1.6 million people in the federal capital within six months and eventually test more than 164 million people across the country in phases as…
Go toTop