Pakistan Education Statistics 2021-22 – Highlights Report

1 min read

The highlights report summarizes key findings from the Pakistan Education Statistics 2021-22 report published by the Pakistan Institute of Education. The report highlights various aspects of the education system in Pakistan, including the number of educational institutions, enrollment statistics, public-private divide, intake and participation rates, and out-of-school children.

According to the report, Pakistan has a total of 313,418 educational institutions across all levels. Out of these, 73% are formal schools, 14% are religious schools, 8% are non-formal basic education institutes, and there are also education foundations, technical and vocational institutes, degree colleges, universities, and teacher training institutes.

The report states that there are 54,870,964 enrolled students in Pakistan, with a total of 2,139,631 teachers. The public sector accounts for 56.2% of educational institutions, while the private sector makes up the remaining 43.8%.

In terms of intake and participation, the report reveals that the gross intake ratio (GIR) in primary education is 81%, with the highest GIR in ICT (113%) and the lowest in Balochistan (54%). The GIR for the first grade of primary education is 87% for males and 74% for females. The gross intake to the last grade of primary education is 65%, with the highest in Punjab (74%) and the lowest in Balochistan (35%). The gross intake to the last grade of middle education is 47%, with the highest in ICT (82%) and the lowest in Balochistan (20%).

The gross enrollment ratio (GER) for primary education is 76%, 51% for lower secondary, and 32% for upper secondary. There has been a notable decrease in GER across all levels in Pakistan, with the primary level experiencing a 21-percentage point decrease from 97% in 2016-17 to 76% in 2021-22.

The report also highlights the issue of out-of-school children, with a total of 26.2 million children out of school in Pakistan. The highest number of out-of-school children is in Punjab (11.73 million), followed by Sindh (7.63 million), KP (3.63 million), Balochistan (3.13 million), and ICT (0.08 million).

Work-in-Progress

“The State of Children in Pakistan” is work in progress and the beta version has been released for testing purposes to get feedback on structure, layout and content.

Content Review and submission

We welcome and encourage you to review the content and provide feedback to help us correct errors, add useful information, provide updated information and further improve the recommendations. In addition, you are welcome to share with us articles, research, publications, case law, and other useful developments that fit the objective of the portal. Please share your feedback through feedback form 0r email us at info@stateofchildren.com.

Website Content Review

We welcome visitors to review the content of The State of Children in Pakistan website to correct, update and improve it. An editorial team will review your contribution and include it with an appropriate acknowledgement. Please use the “Submission Form” to send us your suggestions.

 

Previous Story

Busting Breastfeeding Myths and Fears

Next Story

Eliminate Child Marriage

Latest from Blog

End Child Marriage

This poignant animation delves into the critical issue of child marriage, revealing its detrimental impact on a girl’s access to education, economic freedom, and long-term potential. Witness the narrative that challenges this practice and advocates for the empowerment of girls’ futures. Let’s unite to turn the tide against child marriage!…

Human Rights Explained In a Two Minute Animation

“Human Rights Explained In a Two Minute Animation” is a concise and engaging video that explores the significance of human rights in society. Through an animated format, the video effectively communicates the importance of upholding human rights principles and the positive impact they have on individuals and communities. The video’s…

End Child Domestic Labour

This video sheds light on the stark reality of child labor, illustrating how premature employment robs children not only of their right to education but also the joys of their formative years. Join us in a collective commitment to protect the innocence of childhood and eradicate the exploitation of children.…

13,000 non-performing schools to be given to NGOs in Punjab

In the name of bringing reforms, the Maryam Nawaz-led provincial government is going to hand over 13,000 non-performing public schools of the province to non-government organisations (NGOs), Dawn learnt on 3rd April 2024. The chief minister presided over a meeting to review the School Education Reforms Programme and decided to…
Go toTop